Reef Technologies is a fully remote Python software house.
Sounds fair and catchy? Great! Let us know that you would like to work with us:
CURRENTLY WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Senior Python Developer (Backend)
Salary (B2B): 30-45 USD / h (so 4800-7200 USD / Month assuming 160h)
We are not interested in partnership with recruitment agencies
About us in more details:
There are three types of information you will find about our company in this job offer:
project types, team and organization.
1. Project types
- we work with startups and SMBs (small/medium businesses) from Canada, USA and UK
- the demand for our services is extremely high, so we get to pick and choose the most interesting projects. We reject more offers than we accept (unlike most of our competition which accepts everything)
- every engineer gets a call from the CEO before starting a project with a question: "Do you want to work on it?" and often the answer is "no", so we reject that job and put that engineer on something else
- various project lengths, from exciting learning-heavy projects that last just a few hours to long-term projects that go on for years
- 1.1 Recent examples of projects:
- electrical vehicle charging station management system for a startup based in Germany
- financial data warehouse which aggregates over 31 000 time series into a couple of hundred charts for a fintech company from London
- AI video content analyzer/searcher for drone pilots from Detroit, MI
- two e-commerce applications for a customer from Washington, DC
- Bitcoin derivatives trading bot for a customer from Boston, MA
- sales data analysis tool for a fintech company from Chicago, IL
- hydrant certification report generator for Australian plumbers
- paper product level tracker for toilet cleaners from Canada
- revenue optimizer for a large private GPU compute clusters in North America
- crypto-exchange clients for a fintech company from Pittsburgh, PA
- download accelerator for a cloud storage provider from San Mateo, CA
- shopify integration for an innovative healthcare company from Canada
- our engineers have 8 to 16 years of experience. Senior staff only.
- we have a high culture of tool-assisted code review
- we design systems in a group to get the highest quality early on, then we implement most of the product separately, cooperating on the hardest parts
- vast experience makes us deliver stable solutions, so we don't really have anything urgent to fix, ever
- CEO (Paweł Polewicz) takes care of the sales, customer relationship management, bureaucracy and so on, but also writes code with us, reviews code etc (watch his 30-minute-talk - Startup v2 @ AgileByExample Light conference)
- no managers. We have a shared decision-making process called Sociocracy 3.0, that ables us to decide in a group - so everyone has a voice. It usually takes 1h per week. The quality of decision is off this world
- communication via Slack and Zoom
- no office. Everyone works remotely (we cover reasonable coworking space expenses, help buy hardware)
- work when you want to. Night owl? OK. An early morning bird? OK. Nobody really keeps track of this (except for a payroll bot)
- somehow we find some overlap between us to talk
- there are proper contingencies set up for ensuring the stability of the company. We haven't had any issues in years
- when low on projects, we get paid to do some opensource work (but last time it happened was in January 2018 as the stream of projects is pretty steady)
In summary, you'll work for startups of your choice, with smart people, when you want to. You'll control your environment with the rest of the group.
Sounds interesting? Just apply 🙂
Link to Your Github account or LinkedIn profile is enough to apply for the job (CV is not mandatory). Just inform us how many years of experience with Python you have.
- 1st step: 30-minute-video-interview via zoom.us
The interview consists of 2 parts:
- checking your English speaking skills
- checking your coding skills (small task)
- 2nd step: test mini-project
After completing this you will get code review feedback, whether you pass it or not.
We respect your time & expertise so after hiring you we will pay for your work on test mini-project too.
- 3rd step: video call with Paweł Polewicz (CEO Reef Technologies)
- Final step: paid test month
If both sides are happy with the collaboration => Welcome at Reef Technologies 🙂