Reef Technologies is a fully remote Python software house.
It means you can work with us no matter where you live: from home, rented office or a beach in Thailand.
Sounds fair and catchy? Great! Let us know that you would like to work with us:
CURRENTLY WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Senior Python Developer, 6h/day, remote
Let us convince you that you need a new job… and that you’ve just found the perfect opportunity.
Join Reef Technologies and work on your own terms:
- Contribute from wherever you like – we are fully remote.
- Choose your own working hours.
- Work with dynamic startups from all over the world on the projects of your choice.
- Enjoy open communication – we all contribute to the decision-making process.
- Choose the projects you want to work on. We receive enough offers to only accept the ones that we like.
Remuneration on a B2B contract:
- 40-50 USD or 155-195 PLN per hour, or
- 4800-6000 USD or 18600-23400 PLN a month at 6 hours per day (for optimal work-life balance in a truly remote environment).
Additional perks of working at Reef Technologies:
- We offer a stable position at an established company in a booming industry.
- We cover reasonable coworking space expenses.
- You’ll get financial help to buy the necessary hardware.
- You’ll work in a multicultural, inclusive environment where everyone has a say.
- You’ll get to use your English skills on an everyday basis.
And don’t forget that you’ll be free to work wherever and whenever you feel like it. We trust you to do your part. Our only expectation timewise is for you to contribute around 25-35 hours per week.
Expert Python developer wanted
You have probably written so much Python code in your life, that at times you want to express your thoughts through list comprehensions. Thanks to your extensive experience, you can solve any problem that gets thrown at you, but that is not enough – you come up with multiple solutions for every issue, and you always know how to choose the most pythonic one.
And that is all a good sign – a sign that means you’re exactly the type of person that we’re looking for! If you’d like to see what it’s like to collaborate with Python natives who all bring their long-standing expertise to the table, please get in touch. Spoiler alert: it’s great.
We have good manners, though, so let us introduce ourselves first. Do you want to find out more about the company? We were hoping you’d ask.
Get to know your future company
Reef Technologies is a fully remote Python backend software house. We’re a small, agile, senior-only team. All of our current members have more than eight years of experience, so we don’t ever have anything urgent to fix. We only deliver stable solutions, as we have developed a system that has delivered more than a hundred projects in the last three years. We’d like to improve it even further with you on the team.
The demand for our work is extremely high, so we get to pick and choose the projects that we want to take on - and the same goes for you. Before you get assigned to a project, you’ll get a personal call from the CEO asking whether you’re interested in that particular task and if you don’t like it, we’ll just get something else. That’s the beauty of having a sales team that greatly outperforms our delivery capacity.
Let your code have a real impact
At Reef Technologies, we don’t have managers. Thanks to the group decision-making framework, Sociocracy 3.0, every member of the team can be sure that their opinion will be valued. (Check it out here, you’ll wonder how you’d survived in traditional organizations until now!)
Our CEO doesn’t only take care of sales, bureaucracy, and client relationships - he is also a programmer, so all of us really do work together and understand the job at hand.
What kind of projects would you work on? We mainly accept offers from startups and small-to-medium businesses from the US, the UK, and Canada. Some projects may only last a couple of hours, while others take even a few years for us to complete. There is one thing that you can be sure of, though - that it will always be your personal choice whether to work on a particular project or reject it. What would you have thought about these?
- electrical vehicle charging station management system for a startup based in Germany
- financial data warehouse which aggregates over 31 000 time series into a couple of hundred charts for a fintech company from London
- AI video content analyzer/searcher for drone pilots from Detroit, MI
- two e-commerce applications for a customer from Washington, DC
- sales data analysis tool for a fintech company from Chicago, IL
- hydrant certification report generator for Australian plumbers
- paper product level tracker for toilet cleaners from Canada
- revenue optimizer for a large private GPU compute clusters in North America
- download accelerator for a cloud storage provider from San Mateo, CA
- shopify integration for an innovative healthcare company from Canada
We have already delivered those, but you can be sure we’ve got even more exciting projects coming up in the future.
All that without ever setting foot in an office. We have completed those projects – and many more – from the comfort of our own homes, from tropical beaches and from our favorite coffee shops. Some of us work early in the morning, others start off late in the night. Each of us is free to choose their own programming environment. We trust our devs to organize their work and achieve top productivity in their own way. Do you think you'd enjoy this kind of freedom? Become one of us and make the world a better place by delivering more than just lines of code.
All we need to get you started is your email address!
Want to know more?
- Check out the Reef Technologies Handbook to see our company policies.
- Want to see what our clients have to say about our work? We’re quite proud of our Clutch profile.
- Get to know our CEO, Paweł Polewicz, through his 30-minute talk about building teams with the best programmers out there and why being great at programming is not enough to be considered a top dev.
- Did the part about Sociocracy 3.0 sound exciting? See how Paweł and Piotr explain exactly how it works with examples.